Continuing Student Information

Getting Started Steps

1. Bring in DD 214

  • This is required for priority registration
  • Turn in request for certification, you must do this every semester in order to be paid
  • After you have registered for classes, you must turn in your Request for Certification form
    • If for any reason you enroll in a class not on your SEPP, you must first email the VRC counselor to make the appropriate updates, and then turn in your Request for Certification
    • All requests or questions regarding VA certification may be sent to
  • Bring in letter of eligibility as soon as you receive it
    • This is the letter the VA will send you once you have been approved for your GI Bill®. If you changed schools, you will receive a new one once the VA approves the change


2. Counseling Appointment* Student Education Program Plan (SEPP)

  • A counseling appointment will only be made once the above are completed and you have an established file in the VRC. Call 714-992-7102 or come into the VRC to make an appointment to see the veterans academic counselor. Bring unofficial/official transcripts at the time of your appointment. Official transcripts will be required prior to the start of your 3rd semester.
  • You are required to be on time for your appointment. If you are 5 minutes late your appointment will be canceled and considered a “no show”. After two “no shows” you will be required to see the Director of the VRC before rescheduling your appointment with the VRC counselor.
  • Two weeks before and two weeks after registration each semester, counseling in the VRC will be done on a walk in basis.


3. Apply For Financial Aid (All students should apply)

  • Fullerton College school code: 001201
  • Apply online at each school year.
  • If denied, ask about the Special Conditions form. You may be able to prove your income has changed.
  • It is important to apply for financial aid as most veterans qualify for grant money.


4. Collecting Education Benefits

For assistance in applying for GI Bill® and other education benefits, please follow the link below to the VA Website:

*The asterisk denotes the following – If you are planning to collect education benefits you must complete all student steps (*) and complete the following:



  • The online orientation, assessment test, and Education Plan (SEPP) must be completed to be eligible for priority registration.
  • If you register for classes that are not on your SEPP, you must see a counselor.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at