Continuing Student Information
Getting Started Steps
1. Bring in DD 214
- This is required for priority registration
- Turn in request for certification, you must do this every semester in order to be paid
- After you have registered for classes, you must turn in your Request for Certification form
- If for any reason you enroll in a class not on your SEPP, you must first email the VRC counselor to make the appropriate updates, and then turn in your Request for Certification
- All requests or questions regarding VA certification may be sent to VRCCertifications@fullcoll.edu
- Bring in letter of eligibility as soon as you receive it
- This is the letter the VA will send you once you have been approved for your GI Bill®. If you changed schools, you will receive a new one once the VA approves the change
2. Counseling Appointment* Student Education Program Plan (SEPP)
- A counseling appointment will only be made once the above are completed and you have an established file in the VRC. Call 714-992-7102 or come into the VRC to make an appointment to see the veterans academic counselor. Bring unofficial/official transcripts at the time of your appointment. Official transcripts will be required prior to the start of your 3rd semester.
- You are required to be on time for your appointment. If you are 5 minutes late your appointment will be canceled and considered a “no show”. After two “no shows” you will be required to see the Director of the VRC before rescheduling your appointment with the VRC counselor.
- Two weeks before and two weeks after registration each semester, counseling in the VRC will be done on a walk in basis.
3. Apply For Financial Aid (All students should apply)
- Fullerton College school code: 001201
- Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov each school year.
- If denied, ask about the Special Conditions form. You may be able to prove your income has changed.
- It is important to apply for financial aid as most veterans qualify for grant money.
4. Collecting Education Benefits
For assistance in applying for GI Bill® and other education benefits, please follow the link below to the VA Website:
*The asterisk denotes the following – If you are planning to collect education benefits you must complete all student steps (*) and complete the following:
- The online orientation, assessment test, and Education Plan (SEPP) must be completed to be eligible for priority registration.
- If you register for classes that are not on your SEPP, you must see a counselor.