Contact Us

If you have any questions or comments, please send an e-mail to: OR drop in to the Veterans Resource Center, located in Room 518 . Make your appointment to see the counselor at least 3 weeks before your registration time if you want your benefits to be distributed in a timely manner.

Complaint Resolution Procedure

Veterans Resource Center (VRC) prides itself on providing Veteran Education Services in a timely manner. However, there are rare instances in which a student feels that s/he has been treated unfairly. There are two processes: (1) an informal resolution process involving the VRC staff and student services administration; and (2) a formal complaint process through the North Orange County Community College District (NOCCCD) Equity & Diversity Office.

Informal Resolution Process


If a student has a complaint about services or accommodations, s/he should contact the Veterans Resource Center (VRC) staff member responsible for that specific service. If preferred, a student may submit a letter of complaint or complete a Complaint Resolution Form.

Step 1:

The VRC staff member responsible for the service will investigate the complaint and make every effort to issue a written response within a reasonable time (not to exceed two weeks) following the initial contact with the student.

Step 2:

If the student is dissatisfied with the written response from the VRC staff member, s/he may appeal in writing* or meet with the VRC Student Services Specialist or Certifying Official.

Scott Thompson | Room 518 | (714)732-5375 |

Tania McKeown | Room 518 | (714)732-5365 |

The Student Services Specialist or Certifying Official will also investigate the complaint and issue a written decision in a timely manner (not to exceed two weeks) following receipt of the appeal.

Step 3:

If the student is dissatisfied with the the Student Services Specialist’s or Certifying Official’s decision, s/he may file a written appeal or meet with the Dean of Student Support Services.

Dr. Elaine Lipiz Gonzalez | Room 223 | (714)992-7088 |

Step 4:

If the student is still dissatisfied, s/he may contact the Vice President of Student Services.

Dr. Gilbert Contreras | Room 111-01 | (714)992-7073 |

The Vice President will investigate and render a decision.

Timelines shown for submitting and ruling on a complaint may be extended at the discretion of the administrator investigating the complaint. In situations when the administrator is unavailable to review a complaint (e.g. s/he is ill, on vacation, and/or away on business), an alternate administrator will be designated to carry out the procedure.

Questions about the Complaint Resolution Procedure should be directed to the Student Services Specialist or Certifying Official.

*A student who has difficulty with writing or reading may request accommodations from the VRC office to assist in completing the complaint/appeal form.


Formal Complaint Process


The formal process is available to the student during or after any step in the informal process. For a detailed explanation of the formal complaint process, visit the NOCCCD Equity and Diversity webpage.

Subscribe to our e-newsletter

Receive the latest news and updates from the Fullerton College Veterans Resource Center by subscribing to our emails below.

Contact the VRC

714.992.7102 (Phone)
714.992.9954 (Fax)

Hours of Operation

Monday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 7:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 12:00pm

Note: Hours may vary each semester.

Around the Web


Veterans Resource Center


Dr. Elaine Lipiz Gonzalez

Dean of Student Support Services

Edder Virgen

Counselor, Part-time

Dr. Nick Arman

Counselor/Faculty Coordinator

Jason Conway

Counselor, Part-time

Scott Thompson

Student Services Specialist

Tania McKeown

Certifying Official