Continuing Student Information
Getting Started Steps
1. Counseling Appointment* Student Education Program Plan (SEPP)
- A counseling appointment will only be made once the above are completed and you have an established file in the VRC. Call 714-992-7102 or come into the VRC to make an appointment to see the veterans academic counselor. Bring unofficial/official transcripts at the time of your appointment. Official transcripts will be required prior to the start of your 3rd semester.
- You are required to be on time for your appointment. If you are 5 minutes late your appointment will be canceled and considered a “no show”. After two “no shows” you will be required to see the Director of the VRC before rescheduling your appointment with the VRC counselor.
- Two weeks before and two weeks after registration each semester, counseling in the VRC will be done on a walk in basis.
2. Apply For Financial Aid (All students should apply)
- Fullerton College school code: 001201
- Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov each school year.
- If denied, ask about the Special Conditions form. You may be able to prove your income has changed.
- It is important to apply for financial aid as most veterans qualify for grant money.
3. Collecting Education Benefits
For assistance in applying for GI Bill and other education benefits, please follow the link below to the VA Website:
*The asterisk denotes the following – If you are planning to collect education benefits you must complete all student steps (*) and complete the following:
4. Bring in DD 214
- This is required for priority registration
- Turn in request for certification, you must do this every semester in order to be paid
- After you have registered for classes, you must turn in your Request for Certification form
- If for any reason you enroll in a class not on your SEPP, you must first email the VRC counselor to make the appropriate updates, and then turn in your Request for Certification
- Bring in letter of eligibility as soon as you receive it
- This is the letter the VA will send you once you have been approved for your GI Bill. If you changed schools, you will receive a new one once the VA approves the change
- The online orientation, assessment test, and Education Plan (SEPP) must be completed to be eligible for priority registration.
- If you register for classes that are not on your SEPP, you must see a counselor.